From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:30:30 -0700
Muscle testing worked perfectly in identifying specifically where each
subluxation was occurring, but did not work at all (I even tried two
different chiropractors on this, both had perfectly fine credentials) on
identifying allergies.  The two chiropractors results didn't agree with
reality (allergic responses I had documented against my food diary) or
each other beyond what you'd expect by chance.  It would be hard to set
up a double-blind placebo controlled study of muscle testing for allergy
detection, because presumably the patient already knows what they are
allergic to, but I'm fairly certain it would fail.
        This doesn't mean that it's not effective for identifying subluxations,
which in my experience, it worked perfectly (judging by the absence of
pain after the adjustment).  Now, I have heard that the reason we may
need chiropractic is because we haven't yet adapted completely to
walking upright -- our back is a modified version of one for a
tree-dweller.  But how long would this really take?  After my dietary
change, my back pain (which has been mild except for after the accident)
improved noticeably, especially if I eat a lot of fish (go figure).  I
think an active wild human, doing those things that wild humans do, and
eating the wild human diet (paleo) might not run into so many back and
neck problems.  Or would they?  Any news on h/g back problems?

Erik