From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:36:04 -0700
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:38:47 -0400, Siobhan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm new to the list.  It sounds like a fair amount of people are doing a
>paleo diet for weight loss reasons.  Is that an accurate perception?

I would say no.

However, June is a very popular month for weight loss, since everyone will now
be seen in shorts and swimsuits. :-)

Generally, the real reason to do a paleo diet (or a low carbohydrate diet) is
for health.   There is not yet overwhelming specific evidence, but at this
point, many truly independent health researchers and authors - who are not tied
to the establishment point of view, whether it be the medical establishment or
the vegan establishment - have come to the conclusion that most diseases of
civilization, amazingly enough, are due to civilization [hits forehead] -
especially the foods of civilization, ie agriculture, namely grains and legumes.

--
Cheers,

Ken