From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:46:34 -0700
Susan Kline wrote:

> Dear David,
>
> I may have been sending in Mime format, too, though everything seems
> to come through okay. Eudora offers me three choices: Mime, BinHex,
> and Uuencode.
> Mime was the default. Would one of the others have been better?
>
> When I click on the "Blah, blah, blah" button for my own message to
> the list, and search out the codes such as you quote below, I get:
>
> Doing the same to your message, I get:
>
> Does yours come through as Mime because my Eudora program is set up
> this way, or is there some other reason I don't understand?
>
> Sorry to be ignorant about this.
>
> Susan Kline
>
> P.S. Thanks for this list. I really like it.

> At 02:35 PM 08/13/1999 -0700, you wrote:
> >"Anna L. Abrante" wrote:
> >>
> >> --part1_552bfe91.24e555a1_boundary
> >
> >Anna, this is a mime message and violates the list rules as stated
> >in the welcome message that you received when you subscribed.
> <snip>
> >------------------------------------
>
> >* YOUR EMAIL PROGRAM SETUP should be plain text so that your
> >posts will be readable by all subscribers regardless of their
> >computer and email program.
> >- no text/enriched
> >- no charset="x-user-defined"
> >- no HTML
> >- no attachments
> >- no winmail.dat files
> >- no multipart/mixed
> >- no multipart/signed
> >- no multipart/alternative
> >- no multipart/related
> >- no quoted printable MIME encoding
> >- no Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> >- no Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
> >- no multi-part message in MIME format
> >------------------------------------
Sorry, yours are fine. I wasn't as exact as I might have been. You
need to send plain text. Anna's message was a multi-part message in
MIME format. I had no trouble with yours. The other three messages
that she sent today were ok (not multi-part mime). In multi-part MIME
you get the message repeated in various formats. Plus she had exceeded
the 4 messages per day limit and that rejected message was also
included. The total size came to 11KB. Rich text format and HTML are
ways that produce this multi-part MIME format.

Thanks,
David Karas