Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 05:52:14 -0400
---
Rachel Matesz <[log in to unmask]>
Next Generation Nutrition

The study implicating protein as a promoter of calcium loss probably didn't control for
various mineral levels in the diet.  Calcium would not be needed as a buffer in the blood
stream on a diet rich in minerals (e.g. from dark leafy greens, fish, fish bones, sea
vegetables, etc.).  However, most modern diets are not rich in mineral-rich vegetation.

Dr. Weston Price's work showed that the diets of primitives (13 native groups free of the
foods of *commerce* and *civilization*) he studied in the 1930s contained 5-10x the amount
of vitamins and minerals found in modern people's diets.  He also showed that those
primitives had stronger dense bones from birth (due to moms and dads eating such nutrient
rich diets which were not low in meats).  Many modern folks in contrast, have fine, thin
bones and frames from birth and signs of osteoporosis at very young ages....

Francis pottenger found the same thing with cats, with a progressively lower calcium
content in the bones of the animals with each succeeding generation on a deficient diet.
Pottenger's Cats is a fascinating book (small, but with pictures of the internal organs of
the cats fed various diets).  There is a video on this which covers more than the book and
applies so well to modern ailments/problems....the Price Pottenger Foundation sells it.

What else were the rats eating/fed?  Did they try to replicate a so called balanced diet?
I doubt it was a nutritionally superior diet like Price found among primitives..... Sugars
acidify the blood and cause calcium loss too, as do soda and many other corrosive modern
*foodstuffs*.  Nancy Appleton talks about this in her two books--LICK THE SUGAR HABIT (I
read it a long time ago but recall her saying this) and one book specifically on
osteoporosis.

That's it for today!
Rachel