Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:50:15 -0400
Bruce Sherrod said:
> I would still very much like to see the reference that shows bacterial
> counts of grain fed animals being 300 times that of grass fed, and which
> shows that "pasture fed animals have practically no detectable levels
> of the most dangerous, acid resistant strains of E. coli."  It seems to
> me that this statement _must_ be false, considering that there have
> been studies which do detect the levels of acid resistant e.coli in
> grassfed animals:

My reponse:
Here is a link from the archives of <www.eatwild.com> which shows that the
e-coli content of grass fed meats dropped to almost undetectable levels.
They may have other related information on this site, in the archives, but
this chart and other material from this site were referenced for the
material I posted on the digest that was from an article my husband wrote on
the benefits of grass fed animal products.

http://www.eatwild.com/research_archives.htm

For further information with regard to my posting and the information below,
I suggest that you contact Jo Robinson, author of Why Grassfed is Best and
the person who created the www.eatwild.com site.  I apologize that I do not
have the time to scour the site right now, but I can assure you that the
information I posted was based on material from Jo's site.

Hope that helps,
Rachel