From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:34:01 -0500
Jeff Keller wrote:

>If I eat: 6oz Sirloin, grass fed, handful of baby carrots, salad, a few walnuts,
handful of berries
is this enough and is it balanced, enough calories for
dinner?

and

> I have always been thin. Always had better than normal blood work. Just
never felt well. I was severely hypoglycemic.  Even had a
fasting blood sugar of 69 on last test. Along with this was
severe anxiety.  I had surgery 3 years ago and could not
regain any sense of well being.  Now I have much reduced
anxiety, but not gone. I was running 3 -5 miles per day
prior to switching to Paleo. Now my energy runs out before
the run is over, but I will say that has improved somewhat.

> Another question: I drink reverse osmosis water, does anyone else do this or
is Evian our main source of calcium?

Jeff, the first thing I would recommend is that you
understand there is no "right" way to eat paleo.  This is
one of the major differences between paleo eating and any
other diet I have ever seen or tried.  You have to find out
what is right FOR YOU, not what someone else says is right
for everybody.  We are all different.

On your dinner, yes, it looks balanced with meat, veggie,
green leafy and fruit.  Might be a little low in fat
content; would depend on how fat the meat was and what you
used on the carrots and salad.  Certainly wouldn't be enuf
for me for dinner unless that salad was HUGE :)  I usually
eat two or three times a day, depending on my hunger. Mostly
I prefer to eat a brunch about 10 am and dinner between 4-6
pm.  If I get hungry first thing in the morning or between
meals, I snack on fruit or leftover meat as these are quick
and easy :)  I don't count grams of this or that or worry
about Om3 vs Om6 or saturated fat levels either.  I spent 50
some years counting calories on this SAD or that with
nothing to show for it but a feeling of being abused.  That
is one thing that really pleases me about eating paleo - I
can eat just about what and when I like as long as it is not
filling a carb crave and I have learned to feel the
difference.  So experiment a bit - if your sirloin and
carrots and salad and berries and walnuts aren't doing the
trick for you, try more of this or that or try eating
something altogether different.  You will know when you've
got it right for you.

I drink reverse osmosis water because the stuff that comes
out of the tap from the well here has sand that settles out
in the bottom of the dishwater.  The well has been tested
and declared safe for all including pregnant and lactating,
so it is simply the taste I don't like.  Here in the
boondocks of Iowa, bottled water is real expensive to buy
locally or must be "imported" from the nearest city which is
an hour drive.  And I get my calcium from what I eat, not
what I drink.

Hope this helps.

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,