From:
Quentin Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 05:47:55 +1300
On 3 Dec 2001 at 6:24, ginny wilken wrote:

> Okay, I need to comment on this one... I can't cite studies, but I
> think it is commonly held that cooked proteins are much harder to
> digest.

G'day G'day Ginny,

  There is some evidence that the Inuit did very badly with cooked
meat.  It is thought that on a high meat diet it became more
significant that cooking meat denatured the lipase enzymes present in
the meat.

In the case of their sled dogs they soon became ill and lacking in
strength if fed fresh fish but did fine on fish that was a couple of
days old.
Quentin Grady