From:
Stephen Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:26:29 EST
EASY TO SWALLOW
Can we make meat on demand without slaughtering animals? Scientists
trying to create alternative food sources for astronauts believe we can.
In a bid to make a simple source of nutritious food for space
travellers, scientists at Touro College in New York have managed to make
slices of fish grow. Their achievement raises the possibility of
producing meat in industrial quantities from the muscle cell lines of
various animals or fish. Good news for all vegetarians who still dream
of bacon sandwiches...
http://www.newscientist.com/exc/enews.jsp?id=ns99992066