From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:01:25 -0500
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:40:43 -0500, Padraig Hogan
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You live IN a forest? Well I have to say that's pretty paleo man
> alright. :P

Well, in a house in a forest.  :-)

> Have you even tried doing it a number of times? It can't be that much
> different to paleo man... and paleo man wouldn't have picked out the
> neatest path every time and been exceptionally careful about where he
> was going.

True, but he also didn't wear shoes from birth, so he would have had lots
more callouses than I do.

> Dammit, now I'm in two minds again. I don't know whether to get these
> (which would probably work out over $100 for me) or not. To me they seem
> like a fad and a pair of Irish dancing shoes... from other Amazon
> customers as well I just got the impression that they're preying on
> people desperate to be paleo.

They're the closest I can get to barefoot while still having some
protection.  They also let me go into places that say "shoes and shirt
required", when I make the trip into town.  :)

> In the meantime, are they really worth it? Or would that money be better
> off going to the orangutans etc.

What's an orangutan going to do with money?  :-)

It just depends on your situation.  To me, they were money well spent.

--
   Robert Kesterson