From:
Casey Ralie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 23:39:15 -0800
JoAnn:

Did you notice that the body responds differently to dried fruits and to
fresh fruits? After I eat 10 RAW fresh figs, I feel full and happy; but
after I eat 10 dried figs there's always some complaining to be heard from
my stomach. Don't say you stomach doesn't care what fruits you eat: fresh
ones or dried ones.

It's a pity fresh figs are hardly to be found except in their season. I
love them!

Casey

PS: Here's what Herbert Shelton thought about this:

"Instead of adding bottled spinach juice, powdered sea weeds and other such
inferior products to the conventional, deficient diet, we need to
revolutionize our diet. The real health foods do not come in cans, bottles,
boxes and capsules. They are grown in garden and orchard, are irradiated by
the sun, rather than by an ultra-violet ray lamp, and are more suited to
the nutritive needs of our bodies as they come, ready-made, from the lap of
mother nature than after they have been DRIED, POWDERED, CANNED, BOTTLED
AND COOKED."

The Science and Fine Art of Food and Nutrition
Page 410