From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2011 19:07:22 +1000

> All the grass-finished beef I get is too tough for anything except
> pemmican (or long slow cooking which I don't do).
> It is as lean as venison; the farmer says that is because the grass
> growing season is too short in this part of Canada for them to build
> up fat.
> The "worse animals" in Australia then might be those closest to paleo.
>
> William

Hard to know. The real paleo meat is the liver and kidneys and marrow.
Now that is tender! And brains but many people can't face them- it took
me 5 years of Paleo before I could try them. The lions leave the steaks
for the hyenas and we should too.
If you want to tenderise meat, add fresh pineapple juice (long life has
much less active enzymes)- it really makes it soft. Don't leave it too
long or the juic will turn it to mush.
Oh, did I mention that maybe Australian grass is just soooo much better :-).
I wonder if Kentucky blue grass gives nice beef? It's good for horses
(not to eat them AFIK).
Ben