From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 01:46:05 -0400
>Cordain's recommendations are somewhat controversial in the group.

Yes, and Cordain has been the object of repeated personal attacks. Ironic,
given that he was part of what made this forum and the PALEODIET forum
successful early on.

According to Todd Moody in the second and eighth posts of this listgroup,
the PALEOFOOD listgroup was started by him with the help of co-list owners
Dean Esmay and Don Wiss. At the time Todd was a Zone dieter with an interest
in Paleolithic nutrition. Dean had started the PALEODIET listgroup, which
preceded PALEOFOOD by a few months, and included Loren Cordain and Ray
Audette as participants. Like Cordain, Todd has come under heavy criticism,
despite being one of the founders of this forum.

Don Wiss wrote that "PALEOFOOD is a support list for persons following a
paleolithic style diet such as described by Ray Audette in NEANDERTHIN: A
Caveman's Guide to Nutrition and all other similar approaches in the spirit
of the Hunter-Gatherer."

Dean Esmay wrote: "My friend Dr. Loren Cordain of Colorado State University,
who is one of the pre-eminent researchers in the burgeoning field of human
nutrition, was a big part of what made the group successful." [Dean Esmay,
January 24, 2003, http://www.deanesmay.com/archives/000697.html]

Ray Audette and Loren Cordain were colleagues and Loren provided Ray with
some information that Ray used in the 1999 edition of his book, NeanderThin.
Ray in turn provided Loren with some recipes for his book.

>> It seems to me that this site is dominated by a few individuals who
>> dismiss all the
>> scientific evidence regarding the Paleo diet and evolution.

Yes, it's rather ironic. But verbal bullies tend to take over any Internet
forum that isn't strictly moderated.

>In the eleven years that I have followed this group, we have occasionally
>had some posters who insisted on dragging their particular form of
>religion into the discussion, and some posters who made a religion out of
>their particular slant on paleofood.  Generally the moderator requests
>that we get back on topic.  AND I WISH HE WOULD THIS TIME.  People who
>want to espouse their particular views on evolution (or not) should find
>another group who is actually interested in this topic.
>
>	Lynnet

I agree, heated evolution arguments should be saved for a forum on evolution.