Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 12:44:51 +0100
Thomas Bridgeland wrote -- <<Read two conflicting things about pre-chewed
food. People who chew food for babies before they have teeth actually help
by in effect inoculating the babies, so they tend to have fewer cavities in
the long run. On the other hand, babies who get food from the mouth only
after they have their own teeth in have the opposite results, more
cavities>>

----- I did not chew any food for my two boys and they still don't have ANY
cavities... they're now 18 and 13 yrs old....

they were both breast fed for about 9 months [they lost interest in breast
milk]...  I would let them feed for about half an hour on one breast, next
time on the other... babies do come off the breast after a short time...
some mothers think it means they don't want anymore, mine did the same but I
let them continue after a short break... that resulted in them having only 4
'sessions' a day plus one at about 9 PM, after which they both slept for at
least 7-8 hrs.. I would go to bed then and had a good uninterrupted night
sleep... by 8 weeks old, my eldest gave up on waking at 5AM so I had even
more sleep... my second slept through the night by 6 weeks old...
don't know if I was just lucky or it was they were very relaxed and
contented... the fact that they behaved in such a similar pattern suggests
to me it was the latter... they are quite different now, personality wise...

they started chewing on various foods by about six months... they ate
fruits, avocados, and any cooked food that I just mashed with a fork...
never bought special baby food for them... cooked it all myself... made my
own nut butter for them too... they never had an ear infection either....

all in all it looks like I must have done something right...

Dedy
London UK