From:
wayne hammons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:44:10 -0600
I live in an isolated and remote region of the US.  The local producers here
are limited to beef, bison, goat, sheep, chickens, honey, raw milk, eggs,
and limited vegitables for a brief period. We are pretty lucky because the
local producers make their products available to locals at market price, so
we are getting organic and grassfed beef for <$2/lb and bison $3.50/lb for
halves and quarters, Milk for $2/Ga, eggs $1.50/Dz. During hunting season
you can get an elk, antalope, and dear, and the market sells beef fat for
$.50/lb to help with processing.  I don't hunt but we do buy fat and render
lard for cooking.   This is really a very good location to eat paleo, PETA
and Vegans beware.

Wayne