From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:24:33 -0700
At 08:03 AM 3/14/01 -0500, Richard Geller wrote:
>Todd Moody wrote:
>> Seely clearly claims that it is the
>> protein that matters, except for the protein in cheese.  An
>> explanation for this exception is not attempted.
>
>Nor would I attempt such an explanation. But an observation: fermented
>products seem much safer. Fermented soy seems safer than tofu, cheese safer
>than milk. I would venture to say that beer might be safer than the
>unprocessed grains. I wonder why...

"pre-digestion"?  And along with the food already being partially broken
down, those bacteria and enzymes that were part of that process are also
still present in the foods...  perhaps they make up for things "lacking" or
insufficient to the task in our own systems (since at least the milk
products aren't techically supposed to be something we eat as adults,
perhaps adaptations are at best incomplete?).  Maybe it's a case of how
completely we're able to break down foods?

Dianne