From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:04:18 -0400
If ketosis corrects the fat mobilization problem allegedly created by
pyruvate, then why wouldn't couldn't one consume any carbs such as brocolli
or kale so long as one stays in ketosis???

I have been trying the Anchell method for only a few days so far to try and
break a plateau and will report any weight loss.  I am waiting a few more
days to weigh myself. However, I do notice that potatoes and yams make me
feel bloated and sluggish (too many carbs???), so I have dropped them and
am sticking to the anchell-allowed fruits.  Also, I have noticed that I
simply have no control whatsoever over butter consumption.  I had been
avoiding butter b/c it is non-paleo, but bought some to put on the potatoes
& yams.  But once I had it again, I just couldn't seem to have only a
little.  Rather, I consumed tons of it!  Any thoughts on what's going on
here?? Fat is usually very satiating.  I have been eating fatty cuts of
meat, so it can't be that my diet was too low in fat.  Could it be a food
sensitivity?  I've read on this list that many people with food
sensitivities seem to crave the very foods they're sensitive to such as
wheat or sugar.  I know that pre-paleo, I used to have a terrible time
controlling myself around cheese.  So maybe the dairy, even in the form of
butter, is a problem for me.  Anway, I am nixxing the butter along with the
potatoes and yams.  Other than that, I have also noticed that my bowel
movements have slowed considerably on the anchell diet.  Presumably this is
because I am ingesting so little fiber.  I am wondering if this is harmful
on a long-term basis or if I am just brainwashed by the pro high fiber
propaganda in the media.  I have been taking extra magnesium oxide (up to
1,200 mg) help with the constipation.  Anyone know if high amounts of
magnesium oxide poses any danger?? Anchell says nothing about fiber or
constipation.  He does harp on the notion that meat is efficiently utilized
by the body, so if he is correct, perhaps there simply isn't much to
excrete the way there is with what he terms "indigestible" vegetables.
Interestingly, Anchell also doesn't mention ketosis.