Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:45:51 -0700
>the highest carb veggies (corn, yams, potatoes, acorn
squash) are
>typically avoided. And coincidentally, are considered
not-paleo.

How many know that Corn is a word used for grain in some
parts of Europe.

How many know that Corn  in Central America and Mexico is
not the sweet type sold fresh  in the market in the USA
It is not as tender nor is it very sweet.   Jim  W.  told me
that he took sweet corn seeds to Honduras and they did not
grow.

At a readside stand in Guatemala a Native was heating fresh
corn ears on a grill and some of my companions were eating
them;  I took a raw one to eat as the cooked ones were all
burnt with a little row of black spots.   I do not eat burnt
food paleo or not.

Lorenzo