From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:42:10 -1000
I know you guys aren't doctors, but I must ask, and hopefully one or
more of you will have some idea where to start.

I have food allergies like the pope has religion.  My blood tests (RAST
IgE) show 60 of 70 positive!  Unfortunately, most of these are real,
that have been verified in real tests.  Consequences of eating them
range from almost nothing, to GI problems (I will spare you the details)
to heart palpitations and severe blood pressure fluctuations, mostly up,
which is odd.

I do much better on paleo foods, which is why I originally switched
years ago.  I've tried everything, including stuff like 3 months on
nystatin (thinking that candida might be a problem).  Basically, the
problem seems to be, just food allergies (allergies run in my family).
I am not allergic in general to meat.  Since I am to everything else,
I'm worried about my health in general, my nutrition and diet
specifically.  What does "paleo" philosophy say about food allergies?
Unfortunately, some of the foods I am allergic to are quite paleo.  I am
allergic to all neolithic foods except chocolate.

I believe my food allergies are getting worse but it's hard to tell as
it would be quite gradual.  However, I can eat so few foods that losing
even one is a complete disaster.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Keep in mind most naturopathic remedies
involve exposing me to some allergen or another, in the form of herbs or
whatever.  This will not work.

HELP!!!

Erik