From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:36:34 -0700
> Anyway he has studied
> many diets for many years and felt that this diet
> was not suitable for
> most Westerners unless they spent considerable
> amount of time
> outdoors, in all weathers. He meant that this diet
> would be "too much"
> for the average couch-potato... What do you all
> think of this? Do any
> of you do no exercise at all and feel good anyway?

My opinion of these statements? Well, I don't think it
makes much sense to try to tailor a diet to poor
lifestyle practices. In other words, I think everyone
should try to spend as much time as they can outdoors,
live an active lifestyle, and NOT be couch potatoes.
Period. So, assuming we already live that kind of
lifestyle, what would this "doctor's" opinion be?

A tesimonial:

Although I am not yet 100% paleo (neo-paleo?), I have
noticed the following results since eliminating most
neolithic foods from my diet. Clearer sinuses, reduced
asthma (these two have always been a problem for me),
easier sleeping, clearer thinking, and surprisingly, a
much calmer, more relaxed demeanor. The last does
actually surprise me because for years I swallowed the
vegan-hygiene-macrobiotic line that meat was a
"stimulating" food that causes aggresive, carnivorous
behavior. However, as I increased meat consumption and
reduced grain-milk-bean consumption, I found the exact
opposite to be true. Anyone else?