From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:06:09 -0700
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:36:09 -0700, Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Search the Paleodiet list archive for a post from Loren Cordain on
>aluminum.
>>The aluminium in cans and pans can probably not do any harm because of the
>>compounds it comes in. The dangerous aluminium compounds come from
>>hardened vegetable fats (shortenings and margarine) that you do not eat
>>anyway on a paleodiet.
>

>i didn't get from the article that aluminium in can and cooking hardware was
>of no contribution to alumininium ingestion.
>It seems to me that oily fish  cooking and  sitting for , you know how long
>, inside of a can will react with the aluminium. Same with pans.
>
>i will be prudent with it.

Most of the really great pans do not have aluminum in contact with the food.

French pans have copper or ceramic interiors, and quality American pans (like
All-Clad) have stainless, iron or teflon on the inside.

Usually only restaurant supply pans and/or cheap dimestore pans are all
aluminum.

[ The lifetime warranty on pans like All-Clad make them cost less in the long
run anyway. ]

--
Cheers,

Ken