From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:36:14 -0700
On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 07:49:03 -0700, Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Is there a paperback edition of  NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL DEGENERATION by Dr
>Weston Price? I've looked for a copy on Amazon and the book is very
>expensive.  Where can I find this book at a reasonable price, thanks!

The cheapest place to buy books is www.half.com .

It's an online used bookstore (and CD store and other stuff) that is one
of the best resources on the Internet.

An example will make this clearer.  Suppose you want the Weston Price
book plus a Star Wars book for your kid.

At your local used bookstore, they will probably not have the Weston
Price book, and will have 1-2 copies of the Star Wars book at about
50-60% of the paperback price, so about $3.75.

At www.half.com, it is like several hundred local used bookstores all
pooled together, since people all across the US list copies for sale.

So, they might have the Price book, and there will be 100 copies of the
Star Wars book, driving the price down to $0.75.

As it turned out, they don't have the Price book in stock (hard to
get!), but you can request a notification by email when it comes in
stock (I have successfully used that to obtain items).

If you want to find any copy available, search for it in
www.bookfinder.com which is linked to virtually all used and rare
bookstores that have computerized inventory.

I did this for the Weston Price book, and they show the title in their
catalog and then show:

" Sorry, this book is not currently in stock. "

I have NEVER seen this at bookfinder, usually there is some outrageously
priced copy.

So, "hard to get" is an understatement.

PS  You can always contact www.westonaprice.org, but I didn't see
anything about selling books.....