From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:21:38 -0700
I've been working on a paleo "coffee substitute" and have found one
that is pretty pleasant to drink.  No it doesn't taste exactly like coffee
but it is dark and tasty and pretty good for you.

Put 2 cups water in a pan.  Add 1 Tbs roasted chicory root,
1 Tbs dried dandelion root (not roasted), and 1/2 tsp cardamon seed
(should be out of the husk, but not ground).  Simmer gently
10 minutes.  Strain and enjoy.

You should be able to get the ingredients at a health food
store.  If your dandelions are healthy, you can dig, wash, cut up
and dry your own at a great savings.  You could make the tea
with finely chopped fresh dandelion root if you had it.
The roasted chicory root makes the dark color.

Since I started drinking this regularly I have lost my coffee cravings.

Lynnet