From:
Charlotte Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:25:24 -0400
Hi everyone,
One of my dear friends recently started following a vegan low estrogen, low
GI diet. No meat, seafood, dairy. lots of beans, veggies, whole grains,
sweet potatoes(I didn't think whole grains and beans were low GI, but
apparently they are?). She is doing this because of problems with fibroids.
 I'm sure that all the veggies she eats are great for her. And perhaps not
eating fats or meat (which apparently carry or cause estrogen) is right for
her body because of the fibroids. But I am concerned because I'm really
pretty well convinced that paleo is the healthiest diet one can eat.  I was
surprised that she even considers seafood too high fat and problematic for
estrogens.  She is frustrated by her inability to low weight though, despite
the low fat and low GI foods.

I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of any information about
how paleo-eating relates to estrogens, breast-cancer diets, fibroids?

Thanks very much in advance for any thoughts anyone has!
Charlotte
PS. My own diet is going so well. The few times I've eaten off diet, it
really makes me feel ill now - the next day I'm MOODY and nauseas. yuck.
 French fries taste bland now.. what's up with that??? *grin*