From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:34:11 +0300
> Don wrote:
> The fundamental idea may itself be wrong.   In Nutrition and Evolution,
> Crawford and Marsh argue convincingly (I'm convinced, anyway), that humans
> do not show adequate adaptation to an arid savannah environment, but show
> many characteristics of adaptation to a semi-aquatic coastal life, and
that
> the primary evolutionary habitat of humans has been coastal areas, where
in
> fact most humans still live today.

seems pretty compelling argument to me.  The Savannah bandits should cough
up the evidence that paleos actually ate large amounts of grains. No one
disputes it could be done, but unlike Amadeus' inwardly spiralling mental
universe, wishing it so doesn't  mean it happened.  More fabled tribes?
Amadeus, show us the Grain and Tuber tribes.

Andrew