From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:31:39 -0400
On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:45:10 -0400 Siobhan <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/standards/beef-car.pdf
>
> An 18 page PDF doc on grading of beef.  So, with Ray's info, in the
> grand
> scheme of things, this makes that corporation's beef even lower in
> grade
> than the USDA specs, which includes many specs on fat content.  I
> rest my
> case.  I guess I was being too charitable.

Not so fast...

You present a lengthy document describing fat content, age, maturity,
color, meat yield, and other aspects that are used in grading meat for
human consumption.  This ranges from the best "prime" grade used in the
finest restaurants, down to the "canner" grade that ends up in Hormel
Chili.

That still does NOTHING to justify your original statement: "McDonald's
and other commercial fast food places use a grade of beef rated one grade
below commercial animal food." (no Siobhan, you can't escape it...)

You have still given NO justification for the facts OR the implication in
your statement.  Even though Ray has provided some hints about what might
be behind some twisted logic that led you (or someone else) to formulate
that nonsense, it is still clear that your intent was to promulgate a
lie.

It's time to put an end to this nonsense.  In order to support your
statement, you would have to produce evidence of the exact grade and
nature of McDonald's beef, as well as government standards showing that
THAT beef would be considered unfit for animal consumption.  That is
obviously impossible, so I won't ask you any further to produce it...

Of course that might not stop you from continuing to try to squirm your
way out of this, but I think you've exposed your true nature and intent
sufficiently that we need not take you seriously in the future...

Oh... and I've also seen your posting of a link to an anti-McDonald's
site...  big, fat, hairy, deal...  Big corporations make enemies, and
McDonald's has its share.  Much of the criticism is deserved, much is
blather of the same nature as your statement.  You're just trying to
obfuscate the fact that you got caught in a piece of propagandistic
nonsense, and you have neither the grace nor the integrity to retract
it...

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.