From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:24:04 -0700
> There is not many
> addisonian around,  even less who are open to alternatives to the allopathic
> answer.
>
> jean-claude

Jean-Claude,

I've been unable to locate any "alternative Addisonians" either (other
than you, of course).  Are there more of us around somewhere?  On
other
lists, most folks talk about other kinds of drugs they're on for
maladies that are so obviously related in the holistic sense, yet they
don't make the connection.  They complain of problems with excessive
steriod weight (I still have trouble GAINING on the paleo diet).  I
try
to follow those lists, but I can't relate when most folks are talking
about prescription drugs and very few talk about diet or supplements.
Although some talk about low-carbo, most don't seem to really follow
it.  Many have trashed DHEA and pregnenolone, but I've found them to
be
wonders.  I suppose they expect them to work immediately, like
prescription drugs, rather than giving these and other more natural
approaches time for their bodies to adust and adapt.

One thing I have noted is that many folks have mentioned they are
either
vegetarians or ex-vegetarians.  The light bulb flashes over my head
when
I read about folks with autoimmune disease who are ex-veggies.  I'm
sure
you've come across a lot of these folks too.

Lois