From:
Yvonne Delamater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:38:41 -0700
Hello all,

I've been lurking off and on for several months now.  I'm using the
paleo diet to help control my "abuse" of starch and sweets, i.e., I
don't know when to say enough.  It works.

I can't help but chime in on Janice of GA's post.  (BTW, I know what
you mean about the cheese samples at Whole Foods being fair
game--whoa, baby!  :  )  I'm a recovering chocoholic.  I still lust
for it in my heart but I'm mostly OK if I just don't have any.  I had
started noticing that after I ate chocolate I was depressed the next
day.  Noticing that effect and not wanting to reproduce it helps me
to stay off the stuff.  Don't laugh, but I've been off chocolate so
long that unsweetened carob chips actually taste good.  (I know, I
know, a couple of months back I would have gagged at the thought
too--any true chocoholic would!)  Since carob is a legume, it's
perhaps not paleo and, truthfully, I don't think there's any chance
that I'm going to start bingeing on the stuff.  It's not that good!!
;  )

Regarding falling off the paleo wagon, reading this list helps keep
me motivated and inspired.  (I confess that I skipped over a lot of
the Bambi cheese thread, though.)

Thanks all,

Yvonne in NM