Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:39:10 -0400
Hello Todd, hello list,

I remember our discussion about dietary AA few years ago.

What do you think of this
http://www.jlr.org/cgi/content/abstract/35/10/1869
[However, there is growing evidence that dietary arachidonic acid may also
be able to modulate eicosanoid formation by enriching tissue phospholipids
with AA. Therefore, the effects of dietary AA and n-3 PUFA are in diametric
opposition. ]

and this
http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/350/1/29
[The observed diet–gene interactions further suggest that dietary n–6
polyunsaturated fatty acids promote, whereas marine n–3 fatty acids inhibit,
leukotriene-mediated inflammation that leads to atherosclerosis in this
subpopulation.]
?

You may remember the topic of tocotrienols. You encouraged me to take a
closer look on these. Thank you!

T3s (also) have amazing anti-inflammatory properties.
In the meantime I am producing a T3-containing skin oil - which works very
good anti-inflammatory for treatment of the skin and joints.
[www.tricutis.de - in german]
I used it successfully for treating lumbago, sunburn and a lot more.
T3 seems to work by downregulating eicosanoid production from AA.

regards

Amadeus