From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:56:44 -0800
> >Hmm. I've also read that carbs in the evening can
> be
> >problematic for dieters.
>
> Is there any scientific basis for this claim?
>
> Or is this one of those "sounds right" myths, like
> the one about "cleaning out
> the things in your colon that get stuck there" ?

I have no specific research to quote on this. I have
read it a number of times in articles by some fairly
reputable "weight loss experts". I'm sure they must
have stated the reason why in the articles, but I
don't recall any details. Perhaps they believe that
carbs are intended to be used as energy within a
relatively short period of time, and if they are not,
they will automatically be converted into fat? Of
course, I'm not sure how this reasoning could not be
applied to protein and fat as well.