From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 07:40:07 EST
In a message dated 11/04/1999 12:35:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
> Does anyone have any experience with a paleo diet and MS?  We have a
>  friend whose MS is getting worse and worse.

Hi Lynn
I have been moderately strict paleo for a year or so and have found that I
feel much better when restricting carbohydrates and processed foods.  However,
my MS is and has always been very mild in terms of symptoms, so I really
can't credit the diet with any improvement. The real problem with MS is that
each case is different, and your friend's getting worse and worse may or may
not respond to dietary changes at this point.  The most popular dietary
treatments for MS (rarely used by traditional doctors) is the Swank diet,
which severely restricts saturated and animal fats.  So it is a real leap of
faith to try the paleo route, but it seems to be working for me.  I noticed
an improvement in energy levels and clearing of the brain fog that still
plagues me if I slip and eat badly.  As an older student, the brain fog and
fatigue are the major problems that keep me from a normal life.  I'd be glad
to "talk" to your friend privately if you think it would help.

Holly