From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:00:04 -0600
>Where would we get our protein intake if not for supermarket meat?

Check with your state's department of wildlife.  Here in Colorado, it's
against the law to throw away perfectly good wild game meat (imagine that,
laws that makes sense!).  Hundreds of hunters travel hundreds of miles for
the thrill of shooting Colorado elk and deer but can't afford to take the
kill with them.  So any meat that goes unclaimed, including road kill, is up
for grabs at no charge; you also can't sell wild game here.  Meat not taken
by schmucks like me winds up on the tables of welfare recipients or in
prison meals.  I figure heck, I pay my taxes, *I* should get elk before John
Q. Prisoner!  I'll be calling to see what's available this week.  Hope your
state does something similar.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO