From:
Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:24:20 -0400
I find that there are two keys for me in avoiding sugar and starch binges.

One is eating enough fat to be in ketosis, and to eat enough paleo-correct vegggies to reduce the likelihood of nutrient shortages.  It takes about a pure month for me to get the crap out of my system, until then the cravings can be intense, after that they are marginal unleee emotionally triggered.

The second, and more difficult for me has been to deal with the emotional/psychological triggers, the "comfort" needs that I had spent decades eating "comfort" foods to address.  I have written about some of my experiences on those issues in my carbsmart articles.

Kathleen