From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:41:07 -0700
>So, rest assured, the veggie you are eating is much
>higher in nutrients (and maybe some other things) than
>its ancestors.
it will be more correct to say :< is much higher in SOME nutrients , chosen
for some obscure reasons, like creating tomatoes with a high caroten content
, they don't tell you what nutrients they loose in the process... Wild
plants in my opinion are much more nutritious in a balanced way. EX wild
grapes or even wine grapes from France are way more satisfying and filling
than the north american grapes with its high sugar content but with no aroma
and flavor. The obscure reasons that i was talking about could be  to create
a devitalized  food rich in sugar so consummers buy more to get little bit
of the" non chosen" nutrients out of it ( the insuline response creating a
need for sugar later on) I have many examples in my own experience.
jean-claude