From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:07:51 -0500
I am going to be skipping days since it appears I may be running the
casual reader off...  ;-)

My weight this morning is 158.2, which is down .4 in two days and 4.6
pounds overall.  Why, you might ask, did I only lose .2 pounds in the
two days since I last updated when I've been very faithful?  I found
out something very interesting.

Give me a second here for background.  My oldest son is 14 and loves
to cook.  I mean he's very serious about it.  On Friday night he had
his mother take him to the store and came back with ingredients for
lime-ginger grilled chicken pasta with roasted yellow bell peppers
and two-chocolate mousse.  He also hand picked tomatoes, bell
peppers, and jalepenos from his grandparents garden and created an
unbelievable fresh salsa.

So for dinner on Friday I had one chicken breast and what amounted
to, I kid you not, about a pint and a half of the delicious salsa.  I
ended up having it like soup.  It was limey, fresh tomotoey, garlicky
and almost like a spicy gaspacho.  I craved the stuff.

Next morning I expected I'd weight about .8 of a pound less than
Thursday.  Instead I'd *gained* .4 pounds.  Where did that 1.2 pounds
come from?  I am convinced it was a reaction to the nightshades: the
tomato and peppers.  My hands were swollen and I had bags under my
eyes.  My lower back bothered me and I my general aches and pains
were back.  Oh, and flatulence and diarrhea.

That was a discovery.

Ate well yesterday with bacon, eggs in the am and baked chicken for
the rest of the day.

Jim