From:
nervegas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:58:07 -0400
on 14/09/00 17:48, Ken Stuart at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Previously you stated:
>
> "  I just wish for better muscle definition and to be in shape
> enough not to huff and puff after a long flight of stairs."
>
> If your aerobics and strength training did not give you better muscle
> definition
> and the ability to climb a long flight of stairs, then you are not doing your
> exercise correctly.

I did show improvement, nothing amazing.

I did aerobics (30-45 minutes of stair climbing) + mostly lower body
machines routine, 3 times/week. I was counseled by someone who knows
her
stuff.
Maybe my calories were too high in that period (maybe 100-200 extra?),
but
nothing that justifies a month long stall AND a steady weight gain of
1
pound/week.

Funny how it is always assumed that people are doing something wrong,
instead of questioning dogma.

> Here is one exercise that will definitely solve the problem of huffing and
> puffing after a long flight of stairs:
>
> - Climb a long flight of stairs 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes a day.

Heh. I live in a 4th floor pad and did all this almost every day.

:Medusa:
[subvert and conquer : ProjectMayhem2000]