From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 10:07:19 -0700
My stepmom is an RN and has been saying for years that
fat and meat are good for you and that the low-fat
diet is not healthy.  She grew up in a poor family in
England, and the fat of Sunday supper was handed out
to the children as a treat. As teenagers we were
thoroughly indoctrinated by our public school and the
media and thought she was just fond of fatty food!
Now I'm on the bandwagon with her.  She wants to write
a cookbook called "First You Take a Stick of
Butter..."!

My mom and stepdad are dyed-in-the-wool low-fat
"heart-healthy" eaters.  Both sets of parents will be
visiting my home this summer.  A lot of my paleofood
comes across as "heart-healthy", like when we have
chicken and steamed veggies and salad.  But they'll
have to get their own fake-fat salad dressing and
unbread and unbutter!