From:
Carrie Coineandubh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:08:05 -0800
Date:    Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:19:19 -0500
From:    =?windows-1252?Q?Philip?= <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Type 1 Diabetes
> So you think those animals had type 1? How do you think the Paleo diet
> worked for them--did they still have working islet cells or do you think
> it's possible to recover from type 1 despite all the islet cells being
> "shot" (perhaps new islet cells were generated)?

*** I don't know. The difference between type I and type II can be a bit
fuzzy, which is why I said insulin-dependent. Maybe when the carbs were
removed from the diet and the glucose bombardment stopped, nonfunctional
beta cells could resume function. It is said that dogs only get Type I.  I
am sure there are many factors at work, but regardless of whether the beta
cells are damaged beyond repair or regeneration or not, I believe all
species including humans will see health improvement on a paleo-type diet.
The pancreas isn't the only organ that suffers from improper diet.

--Carrie