From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2005 22:32:07 +0000
On Dec 24, 2005, at 1:28 pm, LBK1 wrote:

> Re them parents--how dumb can you get to risk a infant's life with
> such an
> idiotic plain-food diet, while apparently denying it its own
> mothers natural
> milk or reasonable analog ? I understand the other children each
> gained 20
> pounds and have grown a foot after being removed from their vegan
> parents
> and given a regular healthy diet of meat and vegetables. The judge
> screwed
> up!
>
> La.

I have to agree - I don't know what possessed these parents to feed
such a pathetic diet to young children.  But it does raise another
issue.  Say I raise my child on a stone-age diet, and it dies of some
rare infection or other unlikely cause, will I take the legal blame
for not giving my baby nourishing wheat and cow's milk?  To the
parents of the dead child, my diet of mother's milk and meat would
probably be as obviously stupid as their diet of wheat grass, coconut
water and almond milk is to us.  We're both officially "wrong" after
all.

Ashley