From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:00:22 -0500
On 11/17/11 11:57 AM, Andrea Luxenburg wrote:
> What I find interesting is that on this, as on most lists, anti-Christian statements are perfectly acceptable, but we were to join the discussion, a moderator will lay down the law against religion.  Not entirely equitable, is it?  Either squelch the heathens, when they start it, or allow the Christians opportunity for rebuttal.
>
> Andromeda

Who is the moderator who allegedly prevented Christians from rebutting and where was this done? Does this listserv even have an active moderator?

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:05:46 -0800, Andrea Luxenburg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I also found the comment interesting. Are heathens non-Christian, or simply non-religious?
>
>I had to think about that one, and concluded that I was using heathen to mean people who are opposed to Christianity.
>
>Andromeda

I've never seen heathen defined as anti-Christian before and I don't think that someone is automatically anti-Christian just because they are so-called "heathens." Here's one source's definitions of heathen:

hea·then [hee-thuhn]
noun
1. an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; pagan.
2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
adjective
3. of or pertaining to heathens; pagan.
4. irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized.

As for the people allegedly making anti-Christian statements and opposed to Christianity, who are you accusing of this in this listserv and what are you basing it upon? It helps when making such accusations to be as specific as possible so that unintended targets aren't painted with the same brush.

As some pointed out, there are reasons enough for Christians, theists and nontheists to eat Paleo and I think there's room enough for all in the big tent. Any Paleo diet listserv or forum is liable to have some folks who accept the evolutionary model and others that don't and both Christians and non-Christians. So it would seem to be in everyone's interest to learn to disagree politely and find a way to get along.