Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:13:22 -0400
Zoe asked:

>Another question - when you are going to an event at the beach or the
>park, where in pre-paleo days you would have brought a sandwich and
>chips, what do you bring nowadays? What types of things would be
>legal that would be easy?

The same kinds of things you'd order in a restaurant:  meat and veggies.
Leftover baked chicken thighs with herbs or spices, drumsticks, or mixed
parts with leftover steamed, parboiled, or grilled veggies or a salad.
Replace the chicken with tuna salad, turkey salad, or chilled salmon with
herbs.  There are many creative ways to preare things that are colorful,
nourishing, and utterly delicious which will be the envy of those who see
you eating your meal.

Whatever the occcasion, just think meat (meat, fish, poultry, or eggs) and
veggies (raw, cooked or combination).  Add nuts, seeds, oil, avacado, if
desired or just use the fat/oil in the meat.

It's really not that difficult.  I've packed non-sandwich lunches for more
than a decade (even in pre-paleo days I rarely made sandwiches, although I
ate many troughs of brown rice!!!).  Just use lunch tins and a freezer gel
pack and a satchel or insulated lunch box.  You can take meals anywhere!

Rachel