Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:48:30 +1100
Hi Brenda,

I stopped eating iodised salt a couple of years ago and starting using sea
salt. I developed a severe iodine deficiency which resulted in a goitre that
I still have, despite having resumed eating iodised salt and bringing my
iodine levels to within a normal range.

That said, my part of the world has iodine deficient soil and yours may not.
If it does unless you eat a lot of kelp, salt may be the only way to get
sufficient iodine.

Leonie