From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:26:32 -0600
>Mr. Crocker has submitted a post which bears no relationship to
>paleo-eating.  He begins by stating "I don't know much about the kosher
>process..."  No kidding.  He then proceeds to relate an offensive,
>highly implausible story about an alleged rabbi who purported conducted
>himself in a blatantly obnoxious and illegal fashion; the point of this
>story is that rabbis are immoral and unprincipled and can be
>bribed--although there is no instance of bribery recited in the story.
>Mr. Crocker concludes that his totally hearsay tale, for which he offers
>no proof and has no first hand knowledge, is information that he "felt
>obligated to pass along" as [if it were] "accurate information".
>
>Such a posting may belong on a Nazi-paleo food list, but a group libel
>is hardly what one expects on the St. Johns listserve.
>
>I have unsubscribed from paleofood.

I apologize if you were offended by the account of the rabi in China.
This is a completely true account.

That aside, if people are talking about purchasing kosher food on the
Paleo list then I believe it is fair to provide information relating to
the kosher process.  If not an event which happens everyday it never the
less did happen and says something about a process such as that which
allows the event to occur by someone involved in the process.

Members of the list relate information about paleo food all the time,
that's basically what the list is for.

BTW - I am no nazi, I know and enjoy the company of jewish friends, and
my posting has no other motivation other than to relate information about
one event related to one rabi.  There is no political or other motivation
involved.

If you were looking for an excuse to get off the list I guess this could
work as well as anything else.

James Crocker
"Taking a new step...is what people fear most."
 - Dostoyevski