From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:08:33 -0700
I believe that Dr. Cordain's book will inspire others to seek healthier
ways of eating. By allowing "cheating" he can reach more people who can
discover for themselves that cheating doesn't feel good. Even Ray admits to
having an occasional weakness for premium ice cream. The Eades Protein
Power Lifeplan allows for 3 levels of paleo purity. I believe that this is
what Dr. Cordain is doing...different levels of purity. Not everyone can go
paleo "cold turkey" after years of dietary abuse. My father is 72 years
old...I know he's unlikely to go paleo. There was a time when I would have
used the term never instead of unlikely. I say this because if someone had
told me my father would quit smoking, I would have laughed. He quit after
50 years!! I'm proud of him for that. Every lifestyle change we make
towards better health may not make us perfect, but they sure help how we
feel.

--
 Betty Ann
"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English Proverb