From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:56:20 -0800
> I've been waiting for someone to mention the way
> wolves and other predators eat the stomachs of their
> prey, including the contents of those stomachs.....
> usually grasses or other browse.....which have been
> partially digested by the prey animal.

One interesting thought that crossed my mind when I
originally read Neanderthin is that most herbivores
and granivores automatically pre-digest and then
"re-digest" their food in one fashion or another.
Humans, on the other hand, get only one shot at
digestion. So, centuries ago we came up with some
"processing" methods for taking care of that pesky
pre-digestion step -- resulting in cheese, yogurt,
tofu, beer, and so on.

Now, fermenting food does not make it paleo by any
means, I just find it interesting that so many food
items were made more palatable by pre-digesting them.