From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:18:52 -0800
At 08:32 AM 03/20/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>In _Children of the Ice Age_, anthropologist Steven Stanley has a
>more optimistic view of this.  He argues that the human ability
>to run down game is highly developed.  This ability does is not
>the same as being able to *outrun* game in a short sprint, as
>many predators do.  We are indeed dismal at that.  But for
>purposes of simply forcing the prey to keep moving until
>exhausted, when we can then kill it, we are well adapted.

        I really disagree with him unless the animal is already severely
injured(even at that after wounding a deer with an arrow see how
incrediably far they can go). I used to often track game animals such as
deer. When they knew I was following they went places that I nor any other
human I know has the capacity to go.

> That is, we can run longer, continuously, than most of the animals
>that we eat.

>Todd Moody

This true but how dedicated could you be when you would have to run for
literally days before running something to exhaustion? I am only that try
this before taking it as being all that feasible.

Dave

P.S. I played soccer for 25 years so I have no trouble running for long
distances if need be.