From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:35:21 +0100
I suppose anything you gnaw on will have some nutrients.  Just be
careful with your teeth.
A friend of mine was visiting me years ago, chewed on the chickenbones
and half a tooth broke off.  He told me he used to gnaw all bones for
marrow all the time since he came from a very poor family (years ago
that was).
The structures (dunno the name in English, cartilage?  we call it
kraakbeen) contain nutrients as they connect bones.  I heard that the
foetal bones are cartilage at first as well and turn into bones after
some time.  Not sure if that is true though. When we eat chicken we
usually end up giving the cartilage and sinews to the dog,  not the bones.

Christy