From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:34:47 -0700
>ps How can we propagate wild blackberries? They grow native here along the
>creeks and I was wondering if I could cut off a shoot and try to propagate
>it in my yard, or what? Does anyone know how to grow blackberries?
They spread naturally by seeds in bird droppings. You could presumably
just scatter some of the fruit where you wanted new ones to grow and rake
in a bit.  Otherwise, you want a bit of root with the cane.   Another way
is to bend a cane down and bury it shallowly 'til it roots, then sever
and move the new rooted bit.