From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:31:56 +0100
On Oct 20, 2004, at 11:52 am, Kristina Carlton wrote:
> My only concern would be
> getting enough veggies for the day if I only eat one meal.

Kristina,

Don't forget that veg is not essential for human health, as proved by
Eskimos and the Massai.  I suspect that the benefit of eating veg shows
up in the western diet because it counteracts the effects of eating
non-foods (eg grains and legumes) and chemicals in the diet
(pesticides, aerosols, petrol fumes etc).  I strongly suspect that the
first group has a bigger effect on human health, and since a paleo diet
eliminates these toxins, you are removing the need for veg.  Any that
you do eat will be a bonus.

I think a good attitude is to get as much fish and organ meat in your
diet as you practically can (or want).  I am quite happy if the only
veg I have is half a lettuce a day, but I like to rotate others through
my diet- so for a few days I will have celery, then mushrooms, onions,
cauliflower etc.

Just my two pence.

Ashley