From:
jeremy bornstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:50:27 -0700
A few weekends ago in Santa Cruz I found a chocolate bar which used
some less-refined variety of sugar.  It had a nice slightly-burnt
taste.  I don't know how much the effects might differ, if any, from a
more refined white sugar.  Unfortuantely I don't remember the brand.

Even better would be making one's own chocolate bars.  Scharfenberger
makes an awesome baking chocolate with no sugar added.  If you like
your chocolate sweetened, I'll bet pureed dates would be very nice and
compliment the chocolate flavor well.  (I'd recommend developing a
taste for baking chocolate though.)

People will tell you that cooking with chocolate is difficult, but if
you use good cookware (even heat distribution is good) and cook on low
heat you'll probably be fine--especially if presentation is not a
major issue.

-j

--
                    jeremy bornstein <[log in to unmask]>