From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 06:49:51 -0400
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Hans Kylberg wrote:

> How can they figure out what they have eaten so exactly?
> Probably it is their actual diet of today, not what they have
> eaten the last 100 years, wich is what we want to know...

I suppose we can trust people to remember their eating patterns
to some extent, but I agree that there is no way to check on
these figures.  I would not take these centenarian diet numbers
as anything more than suggestive.  They hardly prove anything.
The fact that these Italian centenarians are eating more protein
than is typical in the developed world is interesting and
consistent with other findings on the value of dietary protein.
Their fat intake is low, but not severely so.  It is consistent
with what researchers such as Eaton and Cordain estimate for
paleolithic HGs.

Todd Moody